Friday, June 12, 2009

day lilies

The day lilies' fleeting presence is most impressive. They seem so vigorous and perky, yet each bloom lasts only a day. I love them in mass, where you don't notice the faded ones, and I am working on building up the border along the new family room addition on the northern side of the house. These are the common orange variety, I don't even know if they have a name or a cultivar. I love them regardless, especially because they all are hand-me-downs from my friend Lynn's garden just down the street. We are all packing up to go to the beach, so it will be quiet over here for a few days...

2 comments:

Evelyne said...

These flowers are like a star under the sun (sorry for my bad english...)

Evelyne said...

Ilive in Paris suburb (Bois de Boulogne, Rolland-garros )there are some beautiful public gardens...but I don't have a marvelous garden like you...I like your picture. Thank you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin